Call for new members for the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
The EDI Committee of Chartered ABS is looking for new members. Applications are open to members within Chartered ABS member business schools who are engaged actively in work driving forward EDI in business schools.
Applicants should either hold a leadership role within an area of EDI or be an active contributor to the EDI agenda in their member school or beyond.
The EDI Committee comprises those in a formal or informal leadership role in a business school and/or experts in EDI in organisations. The EDI Committee will define and deliver on key projects as outlined in the objectives set below. The Chartered Association of Business Schools recognises that commitment to EDI supports social justice, responsible management and successful business.
The purpose of the EDI Committee is:
- To provide guidance to the Council of the Chartered ABS in support of the EDI agenda within UK business schools;
- To increase awareness of EDI issues, charter marks and other EDI awards relevant to business schools;
- To have a positive influence by developing commitment to EDI initiatives which support colleagues and students and which influence careers, research and programmes in business schools;
- To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and good practice.
- The EDI Committee in conjunction with Chartered ABS, initiates and oversees activities which include the EDI Workshops and such other programmes as agreed with Chartered ABS.
- To oversee the work of the Race Equality Action Group.
The Committee will normally meet three times a year, and members are expected to attend workshops and community meetings, as relevant. Meetings are currently conducted on-line, although we would hope to have some of the meetings face to face at our offices in central London in 2022.
This is an open call for self-nomination. We are keen that, in line with our principles on EDI, the committee represents the diversity of the sector.
To apply, please provide a short CV, a short letter describing what knowledge and experience you can offer, and a letter of support from your dean/head of school. It will not be possible for more than one person to apply from each member institution.
Please send nominations to Danny Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org by close of play on Monday 24 January 2022.