Call for nominations to the Chartered ABS Professional Managers Committee 2020
Please note: owing to the ongoing situation surrounding Covid-19, the deadline for this call for nominations has been extended. If you have any questions or concerns please email Alex Rees at email@example.com. You can find our full organisational response to the situation here.
The Chartered Association of Business Schools is calling for new members to join the Professional Managers' Committee. This is a great opportunity to help shape the direction of the Chartered ABS's work as relates to supporting business school professional services, and contribute to the business school professional management community at large.
The Professional Managers' Committee consists of leading managers in business schools. Its mission statement is ‘to encourage and support the high performance of professional services within business schools through a process of development and knowledge transfer.’ The committee seeks to support professional development by acting as a conduit for innovation and good practice, and it plays an integral role in the Professional Managers' Annual Conference (PMAC). Its activities aim to support professional management colleagues at all levels and stages in their careers.
Membership of this committee will be particularly relevant for:
- Heads of professional management or professional services in business schools;
- Directors of administration and operations;
- School or faculty business managers;
- Senior, experienced professional services staff.
The objectives, purpose, current key projects and membership criteria of the Professional Managers' Committee are specified here.
Additional information on the work of the committee can be found here.
How to apply
For the full information on the structure and role of our committees, please read our Criteria for Membership and Responsibilities.
If you are interested in joining either committee, please email the following documents to Alexander.Rees@charteredabs.org by Monday 20 April 2020:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- A letter of application outlining the skills and experience you can bring to the relevant committee (the letter should be a maximum of two sides of A4);
- A short, signed letter of recommendation from your Dean/Head of School to join the committee.
- An organogram showing your position in the organisational structure of your business school.
Any questions should be sent to Alexander.Rees@charteredabs.org
We look forward to receiving your application!