What are the benefits for business schools?
The CMBE advances the development of business and management educators on an ongoing basis through a commitment to continuous professional development. The scheme has been developed in response to increasing pressure on universities, from students and government regulation, to demonstrate and develop teaching excellence.
Benefits for business schools
Support the development and promotion of teaching faculty
- The CMBE provides a CPD framework to support the development and promotion of teaching faculty, and the advancement of the quality of teaching within your institution.
- Include the CMBE as part of your internal professional development framework.
Demonstrate your commitment to teaching quality
- The CMBE provides evidence for TEF submissions.
- Helps meet accreditation standards which require a systematic approach to the continuous professional development of faculty.
- Contributes to PR to support student recruitment and student satisfaction.
- The CMBE offers CPD provision responsive to the development needs of business school faculty.
Supports faculty recruitment
- The CMBE supports recruitment of ‘quality’ part-time staff and adjuncts, by being able to identify those that hold a CMBE.