Aspiring Women Leaders Workshop
Tuesday 3 December 2019, University of Liverpool in London
This workshop will help inspire women by giving them the confidence and useful practical techniques to progress their career ambitions in business schools.
In addition to case studies from successful women role models in business schools talking about the hurdles they have faced and how they have overcome them, the programme will feature sessions providing guidance on developing networks, information from leading head-hunters and advice on career planning. Participants will also work together to develop strategies for tackling some of the challenges they might encounter in more senior business school roles.
Delegates at this event will:
- Examine the stories of women in leadership positions on the challenges they have encountered and continue to face in progressing their careers;
- Explore with other aspiring women colleagues how they would deal with some of the problems they could face as leaders in business schools;
- Learn about the benefits of career planning, balanced with taking a flexible approach as opportunities arise;
- Discuss how to develop valuable and supportive professional networks, including with fellow workshop participants.
- Professor Julia Clarke, Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Faculty of Business and Law, Manchester Metropolitan University and Chair, Chartered ABS
Our speakers include:
- Professor Gloria Agyemang, Head of School (Management), Royal Holloway, University of London
- Sarah Moore-Williams, Dean, School of Business, London South Bank University
- Esther Mennen, Head of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and Consultant, Perrett, Laver
- Daniel Mullen, Consultant in Business School Sector, Perrett Laver
The full programme will be announced shortly.
This workshop is designed for women aspiring to dean and other leadership roles in business schools. It will be most suitable for:
- Women in post of business school deputy dean, associate dean, department head or similar
- Women in senior lecturer roles
- New women deans may also be interested
This event will take place at:
University of Liverpool in London
33 Finsbury Square
This event is £185 per person.
Book in a group and take advantage of our 25% group booking discount.
Paying by invoice? Make sure you provide a valid Purchase Order Number when you make your booking.