Curriculum Innovation Workshop
London, Autumn 2019
This one-day workshop is designed to support individuals with responsibility for curriculum design and innovation to consider various models and approaches to curriculum design at the programme level. The workshop is interactive and aims to take participants through a process of developing an action plan to curriculum design anchored in their specific context.
Participants will be supported to identify the reasons for curriculum innovation and success measures in their institutional context, enabling them to locate their context within the theoretical approaches to curriculum design.
Learning outcomes and takeaways
- Identify core curriculum development themes based on an evaluation of internal and external drivers for change.
- Develop an awareness of curriculum components and different curriculum design approaches.
- Explore methods of incorporating stakeholder engagement
- Identify the enablers and barriers to implementing curriculum change and planning for evidence of success.
Dr Cathy Minett-Smith CMBE, Associate Dean (Student Experience), University of Bedfordshire Business School
CMBE CPD Units
This event will allow you to claim up to 6.5 units towards your annual CPD.
Let us know you're interested
Keen to join us? Send us an Expression of Interest through the button below and let us know. We'll keep you up to date on all the event details and will let you know when bookings open.
The full programme will be announced shortly.
Registration will be at 9:30 for 10:00 start. Ends at 16:30.
Scoping the context of curriculum design
- Drivers for change
- Markers of Success: KPIs, staff satisfaction
Leading Curriculum Innovation: Drawing on the pre-event reading
- Curriculum Components and Curriculum Mapping
- Curriculum Design Approaches
- Alignment of approach with purpose and institutional context
Securing Stakeholder Engagement
- When and how to build in stakeholder engagement with employers, students, and staff
Implementation: Enablers and barriers to getting it done
- Political Savviness: Institutional enablers and barriers.
- Institutional processes, systems and internal partnerships
- Leading the team
- Working with current processes
- Additional evaluation needs
- Staff and student perspectives
- Evidencing and celebrating success
The venue will be based in London and will be announced shortly.
CMBE subscribers: £180 (save £50)
Non-CMBE subscribers: £230
Want to apply for CMBE and pay for this event? The total to pay will be £280 (£100 CMBE subscription and £180 event fee). Your application must be approved before you register for the event.
Bringing a colleague?: Groups can book at a 25% discount.