Curriculum Innovation Workshop
17 October, University of Bath - London Campus
This one-day workshop is designed to support individuals with responsibility for curriculum design and innovation to consider various models and approaches to curriculum design at the programme level. The workshop is interactive and aims to take participants through a process of developing an action plan to curriculum design anchored in their specific context.
Participants will be supported to identify the reasons for curriculum innovation and success measures in their institutional context, enabling them to locate their context within the theoretical approaches to curriculum design.
Learning outcomes and takeaways
- Identify core curriculum development themes based on an evaluation of internal and external drivers for change.
- Develop an awareness of curriculum components and different curriculum design approaches.
- Explore methods of incorporating stakeholder engagement
- Identify the enablers and barriers to implementing curriculum change and planning for evidence of success.
Dr Cathy Minett-Smith CMBE, Associate Dean (Student Experience), University of Bedfordshire Business School
Professor Debra Leighton, previously Executive Dean at Bedfordshire and Associate Dean for Learning & Teaching at Salford Business School
CMBE CPD Units
This event will allow you to claim up to 6.5 units towards your annual CPD.
9:30 Registration, coffee and networking
10:00 Welcome and introduction
10:15 Scoping the context of curriculum design
- Drivers for change
- Markers of Success: KPIs, staff satisfaction
11:30 Leading Curriculum Innovation: Drawing on the pre-event reading
- Curriculum Components and Curriculum Mapping
- Curriculum Design Approaches
- Alignment of approach with purpose and institutional context
13:30 Securing Stakeholder Engagement
- When and how to build in stakeholder engagement with employers, students, and staff
14:15 Implementation: Enablers and barriers to getting it done
- Political Savviness: Institutional enablers and barriers.
- Institutional processes, systems and internal partnerships
- Leading the team
15:15 Evaluating Success
- Working with current processes
- Additional evaluation needs
- Staff and student perspectives
- Evidencing and celebrating success
16:30 End of Workshop
The following documents have been recommended as pre-reading for workshop attendees by the facilitators.
This event will take place at the University of Bath's London campus.
Directions can be read and downloaded here.
University of Bath in London
Level 6, 83 Pall Mall
CMBE subscribers: £185 (save £50)
Non-CMBE delegates: £235
(Note: if you are not subscribed to the CMBE scheme you must be from a Chartered ABS Member school to attend this event)
Want to apply for CMBE and pay for this event? The total to pay will be £285 (£100 CMBE subscription and £185 event fee). You must apply to become a CMBE first, and have your application approved before you register for the event. Please apply here.
Group discounts: A 25% discount is applied to each additional person for groups of 2 or more. If you wish to book for a group of five or more people please email us for a special booking code. If you would like to make a group booking which includes at least one colleague who also wishes to pay for their CMBE subscription, please contact us so we can issue you with a special booking code.