DBA Symposium 2017
4 May 2017
Henley Business School, University of Reading
The 2017 DBA Symposium will provide an ideal opportunity for:
- Current researchers on DBA programmes to discuss their doctoral research in a supportive setting
- Faculty involved in managing, teaching and assessing DBA and executive doctorates to share best practice and build a sustainable DBA network.
This is a great opportunity to meet and discuss issues relating to the DBA programme and gain insight into multiple perspectives.
Speakers will include faculty with extensive experience of DBA provision as well as alumni who have successfully graduated from DBA programmes.
Please note: you do not need to be a BAM member to attend but you do need to create an account on BAM’s website before you make your booking. Book before 13 April to benefit from the early bird discount.Register on the BAM website
For DBA students
- One of the best ways to progress your research is to present and receive feedback on your research and ideas to date
- Opportunity for students to share your research and obtain feedback from peer students, faculty members, and from other institutions
For DBA Directors and Managers
- Opportunity for faculty to exchange experiences and good practice and to network with other managers, teachers and assessors of DBA/Executive Doctorate programmes
- Engage in debate on how to generate best practice in your programme
- Raise the profile of the DBA in the doctoral field by working in a collaborative process
- Basis for building a community of DBA students/faculty
DBA/Executive Doctorate students are invited to submit a structured summary of their work in no more than 1,000 words by 7 April.
Submissions are welcome from students in all stages of their doctorates.
Please send submissions to email@example.com
Each structured submission should include:
• purpose of the research
• the practical issue to be addressed
• a discussion of any literature read to date
• research questions
• proposed or actual methodology (depending on stage of doctorate)
• initial results and analysis (if appropriate)
• the intended contributions to practice and theory
The aim is to include all submissions in the workshop. Therefore, submissions will not be formally reviewed and written feedback will not be given but will be used to structure roundtable sessions during the symposium.
Full programme will be available soon.
Accommodation is not included but can be booked separately at the venue: Henley Business School, Greenlands Campus. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Early bird (valid until 13 April): £120
Full fee: £150
Free for Henley Business School DBA students
Enquiries: For submission enquiries please contact Dr Claire Collins
Please note: You must register on the BAM website. If you are not a BAM member, you will need to create a non-BAM member profile before proceeding with your booking.