Online video teaching skills: We are all TV presenters now!
An interactive online workshop, 14:00-16:30, 25 January
This practical workshop will help business & management educators improve their online presentation and teaching skills.
Facilitated by Julian Dismore, TV Series Producer and Media Skills Trainer, the fun and interactive programme will help participants feel more confident when lecturing online, get tips on how to project effectively in online meetings, and avoid common mistakes and pitfalls when using platforms such as Zoom and MS Teams. By the end of the workshop participants will have a stronger understanding of:
- Things to do as part of preparation to make the presentation engaging
- The importance of body language and personal appearance to exude authority
- How positive energy and speaking with passion can create a confident on camera persona
- The ways in which edited video and stills with voice over can enhance the learning experience for students
- How to create voice overs for PowerPoints, videos and stills
- The do's and don'ts of using Zoom and MS Teams
About CMBE Events
Our series of CMBE Events are open to all educators. They have been designed with CMBEs in mind, to support them achieve their professional development goals.
By attending this event, CMBEs can claim up to 2.5 units (hours) towards their annual CPD commitment.
- ‘Pieces to Camera’: For Video Lecturers, presentations +
- Getting away from a relentless ‘Talking Head’… embracing share screen with PPT, photos and videos
- Video interviews. Conducting IVs on camera for varied lecture content - and filmed research interviews
- Credibility and Authority: Do’s and Don’ts when using Zoom, MS Teams, Webex etc during lectures, meetings and conferences
This workshop is open to both members and non-members of the Chartered ABS.
Paying by invoice? Make sure you provide a valid Purchase Order Number when you make your booking.
Pay your CMBE subscription with your booking
Don't forget, you can pay for your annual CMBE subscription when you register for the workshop. Once your submitted application has been approved, make sure you're logged in to the Chartered ABS website and register for the workshop via this page by selecting the option that includes your CMBE subscription fee.
About the CMBE
The CMBE gives business and management educators a recognised professional designation and a framework for continuous professional development. The scheme supports educators to further develop their teaching practice and helps to advance the quality of business and management education in higher education.
Become a CMBE
If you’re not yet a CMBE, join a worldwide movement of educators committed to developing their teaching practice.
You will benefit from:
- The CMBE designation after your name
- Support for your continuing professional development
- A framework to support your future career development
- Access a community and opportunities to contribute to knowledge
What's more, you can pay for your annual CMBE subscription when you register for a Chartered ABS event. For details, see the Fees tab.
TV Series Producer and Media Skills Trainer, Direct Productions UK Ltd
Julian Dismore is an award winning TV series producer / director who has produced over forty primetime series for various broadcasters, including BBC1, ITV, C4, Five, National Geographic, Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, Netflix and Sky.
Recent productions include ‘Caught Red Handed’ ‘First Time On The Front Line’ and ‘Real Lives Reunited’ for BBC1, ‘Traffic Cops’ ‘Mega Council Estate Next Door’ and ‘Benefits By The Sea: Jaywick’ for Five, ‘Click For Murder’ for Netflix and ‘Crash Scene Investigators’ for ITV.
Julian also trains in web video presentation and production skills via zoom and MS Teams. Clients include Oxford University, Cambridge University, Which Magazine, Edson Evers, Lancaster University, Liverpool John Moores Uni and Norfolk Police.
Julian has trained students from all over the UK how to get into the media industry and how to thrive once they have started their career in TV, radio and web videos.
As a corporate and web video film maker, Julian has made videos and DVDs for Asda, The Marketers’ Forum, Anglia DNA, KAI computers, Yorkshire Water, the Rajasthan Royals IPL team, The Deccan Chargers, Lashings Cricket Club and YTV.
As an international TV consultant Julian has advised broadcasters in Holland, Russia, Israel, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Estonia and the USA.
Julian has also written a book “TV: An Insider’s Guide” (www.tvtheinsidersguide.com)