Chartered Association of Business Schools
Location: ICC Wales (Newport) & Chartered ABS offices, London
Contract: 3 day paid work experience (15 & 22-23 May 2022)
No. available: Up to four placements are available
Salary: £11.50 per hour (plus travel expenses as required)
Responsible to: Oliver Lowe, Interim Director of Business Development & Events
The Chartered Association of Business Schools is the voice of the business and management education sector in the UK (www.charteredabs.org). These work experience placements are to help organise and run the Chartered ABS’s annual Learning, Teaching & Student Experience conference taking place on 22-23 May at the ICC Wales in Newport. The conference attracts approximately 400 delegates and includes a dinner for 250 on the first evening.
The placements would suit someone studying Events Management or a related degree who wants to get real-world experience of helping to run a commercial conference.
The people taking on these placements will work closely with the Chartered ABS team in the week prior to the event and on the day. These short placements are split into two parts and people need to be available from 9:00-17:00 on all 3 dates.
A day’s work experience on Monday 15 May at the Chartered ABS office in London. Tasks will include:
• Helping to make final logistical arrangements with the venue
• Liaising with conference presenters
• Updating delegate records
• Assisting with the finalisation of the conference branding
2 days’ work experience at the conference itself at the ICC Wales venue on 22-23 May. Tasks will include:
• Helping to run the registration desk
• Dealing with participant and presenter enquiries
• Directing and managing attendees
• Assisting ‘in session’ as and where required
You don’t need prior event experience, but we do expect applicants to have:
• An interest in a career in event management (for example in logistics, production or marketing)
• A willingness to ‘muck in’ with the rest of the team and help out as and where required
• A smart personal appearance and good interpersonal skills
• A ‘can do’ and positive approach
• These short placements require students to be available on the dates specified
If you are interested in a placement then please send a copy of your CV and a short cover note to Oliver Lowe (email@example.com) by 15:00 on Thursday 27 April. Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place via Zoom.
Full details can be found here.
Location: 40 Queen Street, London, EC4R 1DD
Contract: Full-time FTC until March 2025
Salary: Up to £45,000 per annum
Responsible to: Head of Alumni Network
Applicants are asked to send their CV, with a covering letter explaining how they meet the 'person specification', by 19 May 2023 to Gareth Davies Gareth.firstname.lastname@example.org .
PURPOSE OF THE POST
This is a new role that will be responsible for the evaluation and execution of strategic growth opportunities for Help to Grow: Management via collaborative partnerships and commercial opportunities.
You will be joining a growing team reporting to the Head of Alumni and working closely with others across the organisation and our government partners. It also involves communicating and presenting business opportunities internally to key stakeholders and externally to potential partners.
This is an important role that offers the opportunity to help ensure this project’s legacy and make a transformative impact for SMEs in the UK.
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Partnerships and Business Development Manager to join our team.
We aim to build partnerships with businesses and Not for Profit organisations to create innovative new ways of delivering support for HTG Alumni. We are seeking out partners who have the vision to think big and go on a journey with us, challenging current forms of delivery, and piloting new ideas that can be scaled nationally.
You will be responsible for the full cycle of partnership development: finding and generating leads; building relationships; writing proposals and account managing existing partners. You will be responsible for supporting partners and find ways to solve process challenges or blockages during projects. You will also gather feedback from clients/partners on their experience working with us to help ensure we continue to deliver outstanding value to Alumni.
We’re looking for a self-starter with great interpersonal skills and a strategic view of building partnerships. You’ll manage our new business pipeline, ensuring we’re maintaining and strengthening our relationships with both prospective and current partners, coming up with fresh ideas and bringing them to fruition, closing deals and ensuring renewals.
Announced by the Chancellor of the Exchequer, the HTGM Programme is a nationwide leadership programme available to 30,000 small business leaders over three years up to 2024. On completion of the course each participant will join the HTGM Alumni Network. The Small Business Charter (SBC) and the business schools delivering the programme will maintain engagement with this alumni network through a programme of local, regional, and national events, and an engagement strategy which includes content, communications, and an online network.
The Programme is managed by the Small Business Charter (SBC), part of the Chartered Association of Business Schools (Chartered ABS). The SBC is a national accreditation awarded to business schools for excellence in supporting small businesses, student entrepreneurship, and local economic growth.
Chartered ABS represents the UK’s university business schools and supports them to deliver world class teaching and impactful research through lobbying, professional development and sharing of best practice. The team have won numerous awards for our events and other services. To find out more, go to: https://smallbusinesscharter.org/ and http://charteredabs.org.
- Establishing innovative strategic collaborations and commercial partnerships with external organisations that can benefit Alumni of the course.
- Working closely with senior stakeholders from across the team to coordinate due diligence, negotiation and contracting with external partners.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a partnership building/business development role.
- Building partnerships with external organisations.
- Negotiating and securing commercial contracts.
- Managing multiple projects at once and skillfully balancing priorities under time pressures.
- Experience with account management.
- Experience of proposal writing.
- Partnership development within the both the corporate and NFP sectors.
- Experience in marketing/sales.
- Knowledge or experience of working with government/public sector.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal skills – good relationship builder.
- Strong public speaker who can draft and deliver a great presentation.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication – ability to write compelling commercial proposals and present proposals.
- Ability to proofread and edit documents quickly.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities simultaneously.
- Strong research skills, to source potential partners and understand their priorities.
- Desire to develop and undertake training as required.
- Willing to travel and work flexibly.
- Ability to use other software/tools to build presentations/proposals.
- Strategic thinking around marketplaces, audiences, organisations and stakeholders to reach prospects.
PERSONAL QUALITIES/PROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOUR REQUIRED:
- Responds to new ideas with openness
- Driven by results
- Willingness to be agile and test new approaches
- Commitment to personal development and learning
For full information, please click here.