University of Northampton, Faculty of Business and Law
Job Type: Full Time Permanent, Part Time Permanent
Salary: £34,804 - £49,553 per annum, pro rata
About the Job
Following a period of continued growth, the Faculty wishes to appoint a Senior Lecturer or Lecturer in Digital Marketing to extend our team.
Experiential learning, live client projects and a hands-on approach are the hallmarks of our teaching in this contemporary curriculum area. You will design and deliver interactive learning opportunities to small learning groups (c.25), applying a range of technologies to engage learners and support their success. With an emphasis on supporting students to build excellent employability skills you will contribute to a team which is focussed on the student experience and their ultimate success.
You will engage in self-directed scholarship to ensure that your learning and teaching reflects current thinking and practice. This post is available either full time or on a fractional basis.
You will bring;
- A demonstrable specialism in Digital Marketing with the ability and willingness to work across the wider subject domain covering topics such as Digital Marketing Strategy, Content Creation, SEO, Analytics and Public Relations.
- A track record of research outputs or evidence of substantial professional practice - We are keen to hear from recent Digital Marketing Practitioners.
- Demonstration of appropriate digital presence/social media footprint.
- Evidence of delivering high quality learning and teaching, and the skills to share your expertise in innovative ways to engage and motivate learners.
- A commitment to scholarship to inform curriculum development and delivery.
- Cultural sensitivity and a commitment to equality and inclusion.
- Personal values that align with our commitment to social responsibility and impact.
- Degree qualification or equivalent in relevant subject.
- Master’s degree in relevant subject (unless a Doctorate held in which case desirable) OR significant relevant industry experience.
- Professional Recognition as HEA Fellow (D2) or teaching qualification recognised by HESA, or willingness to obtain within an agreed timescale.
- Doctorate in relevant subject, completed or within 12 months of completion.
- Relevant professional qualification.
The Faculty of Business and Law is the largest in the University of Northampton with around 200 academic staff and 5600 students. Led by a Dean, Deputy Dean and Associate Dean, we offer a broad portfolio of programmes at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels. We also maintain a number of successful academic partnerships in the UK and internationally through which several of our programmes are delivered.
An ambitious plan to replace the majority of our existing programme portfolio over the next 2-4 years whilst developing programmes in new and innovative disciplines offers an exciting opportunity for individuals that share our ambitions to make a direct contribution to our continuing success.
The University of Northampton’s focus on a personalised learning experience for our students was recently cited by HEFCE as a reason for our Gold award in the Teaching Excellence Framework 2017. To augment this approach further we have adopted an ‘Active Blended Learning’ (ABL) approach which places greater emphasis on student-centred activities that support the development of subject knowledge, understanding, independent learning and digital fluency. Successful candidates for academic posts at the University of Northampton will be expected to adopt ABL as standard in their teaching practice.
This is an exciting time to join our University following our relocation in September 2018 to a new purpose-built, town-centre campus designed to adapt to 21st century teaching and the ABL model. We are looking to recruit individuals who share our passion for innovation, creativity and social impact and who will play a key role as we realise our ambition of transforming lives for the better and inspiring positive change.
The University of Northampton is one of only two Ashoka U Changemaker Campuses in the UK, and in 2017 was awarded the Social Enterprise Gold Mark, an independent guarantee that we have proven to our employees, students and stakeholders that we are committed to continuous improvement across our business in order to consistently deliver a positive impact on people and planet.
Right to Work
All candidates will be asked to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK at interview.
We are proud of our diverse student population and applications from Black Asian Minority Ethnic student grow year on year. Equality and the promotion of inclusion are a key value that we are proud to promote. To embed this across the University, to achieve diversity amongst its staff and to improve staff representation, we would like to encourage applications from women, people living with disabilities, and those from the LGBT+ and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities.