New Chair for Professional Managers’ Committee
We are pleased to announce that Dr Phillipa Towlson, Head of Operations and Administration at the Lord Ashcroft International Business School, has become Chair of the Professional Managers’ Committee.
The Chartered ABS wishes to express its gratitude to Dr Andy Earwaker, Faculty Manager at Portsmouth Business School, who has stepped down as Chair of the Committee. Under Andy’s successful chairmanship, the Committee has continued to grow across a number of activities, primarily in the Professional Managers’ Annual Conference, and also recently in the development of a new tool called the Professional Development Matrix, aimed at helping the community identify internal staff development objectives.
The members of the Committee are:
- Dr Phillipa, Head of Operations and Administration at the Lord Ashcroft International Business School (Chair)
- Matt Davey, College Registrar, University of Exeter Business School
- Dr Steve Gaskin, Faculty Business Manager, Plymouth University Faculty of Business
- Dr Andrew Glanfield, Director of Administration, Cardiff Business School
- Matthew Hisbent, Faculty Head of Administration and Support Services, Faculty of Business, Oxford Brookes University
- Helen Miller, School Manager, Newcastle University Business School
- Tom O'Neill, Head of Administration, Ulster Business School
- Stephanie Readey, School Manager, University of Liverpool Management School
- Dil Sidhu, Chief External Officer, Alliance Manchester Business School
- Hema Tank, Associate Dean, Degree Programmes, The London Institute of Banking and Finance
The Professional Managers’ Committee (PMC) comprises School Managers, Heads of Administration and Chief Operating Officers from Chartered ABS member business schools. The Committee steers key projects, especially the Professional Managers’ Annual Conference, discusses business school management issues and opportunities, and advises the Council on policy in relation to these.