New members join the LTSE Committee
The Chartered ABS Learning, Teaching and Student Experience Committee are delighted to be welcoming five new members this year:
- Dr Monika Foster, Director of Learning, Edinburgh Napier University Business School
- Elizabeth Aylott, Student Learning Manager, BPP Business School
- Dr Cathy Minett-Smith, Associate Dean of Student Experience, University of Bedfordshire Business School
- Adam Shore, Director of Learning and Teaching, Swansea University School of Management
- Dr Keith Pond, Associate Dean (Teaching), Loughborough University School of Business and Economics.
The committee will be saying farewell to Dr Debra Leighton, Executive Dean of the Business School, University of Bedfordshire, and Dr Mark Richardson, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Head of Worcester Business School. We are very grateful for their contributions during an exciting period for the Committee.
The committee are currently preparing for the LTSE Conference which is being held on 25-26 April 2017. In recent years this has become our largest conference, attracting over 250 delegates last year. One of the Committee’s roles is to review the 125 submissions to present workshops, research papers and posters submissions for the upcoming conference.
The LTSE Committee are actively involved in commenting on government policies. Recently the Committee have responded to consultations on issues such as the TEF Technical Consultation, Apprenticeships and the DLHE survey. The Committee also lead on the ‘Perspectives On’ series of topical articles on learning and teaching practice.