New Policy Committee – call for nominations
The Policy Committee is a new committee of Chartered ABS which will help shape the Association’s lobbying and advocacy positions on behalf of the membership.
Applications are open to Deans or other senior individuals holding leadership roles within Chartered ABS member business schools.
Lobbying and advocacy is a critical part of our work in representing our members’ interests to government, stakeholders, and the media. We strive to create the best possible environment for UK business schools to flourish and have an impact across the economy and society.
The purpose of the Policy Committee is to:
- Support and advise the executive team and the Chartered ABS Council on public affairs strategy
- Develop positions on policy which are reflective of the overall membership
- To act as representatives in stakeholder meetings and with the media as requested by the Chartered ABS Council
Our committees define key projects to deliver over a 12-month period which are agreed with the Council. As a new committee, one of its first projects will be to define its Terms of Reference.
Meetings and commitments
The Committee will hold quarterly meetings, at least one of which will likely be face to face at our office in central London. Members are also expected to attend workshops and community meetings produced by the committee as relevant.
We propose that the Policy Committee will meet in the following months in 2024:
- Early February
Term lengths for Committee members are for 3 years, with the option to extend for a further 3 years. Maximum term length is 6 years.
How to apply
This is an open call for self-nomination. We will need to ensure that the committee represents both diversity of personal characteristics and of the sector. In addition to applicants’ expertise and experience we will also consider other factors including:
- Personal EDI characteristics including ethnicity and gender
- Geographical representation from business schools across the UK
- Mission group affiliation of the institution to ensure representation from across mission groups and non-affiliated institutions
- How much representation a business school already has across Chartered ABS committees to ensure that all members have an opportunity to engage with us.
To apply, please provide a short CV and a short statement describing what expertise and experience you can offer. If you are not the Dean or Head of School, please also provide a short statement of support from your Dean or Head of School.
It will not be possible for more than one person to apply from each member institution.
To apply - please send nominations to Danny Walsh at email@example.com by close of play on 26 January 2024.