Open call for nominations for Chartered ABS Fellowships for 2021
The Chartered ABS would like to recognise senior academics, professional services staff, those in associated roles and leaders outside of academia who have made, and continue to make a significant contribution to the advancement of the Chartered ABS and its mission. We are welcoming nominations for this year's Fellowships until Tuesday 31 August 2021.
Academic Fellows will be awarded to academics in recognition of exceptional service to the Chartered ABS, its mission and/or its membership.
Professional Fellows will be awarded to those working in professional services and associated roles in recognition of exceptional service to the Chartered ABS, its mission and/or its membership.
Industry Fellows will be awarded to recognise exceptional service and achievement in the world of business and organisational practice across the private, public and charitable sectors, and/or in recognition of exceptional service to the Chartered ABS, its mission and/or its membership.
Regardless of the route, they will all be known as 'Chartered ABS Fellows'. For Academic and Professional Fellows, the award and recognition will be for the Fellow’s lifetime. For Industry Fellows, the award will be active for three years, renewable on a three-year rolling basis.
In all cases we are asking for nominations, not self-applications.
Criteria and eligibility
Academic and Professional Fellows must be employed by, or retired from, a member organisation of the Chartered ABS. Industry Fellows must be able to demonstrate previous work with the Chartered ABS and/or its member schools, particularly in relation to advocacy and external impact.
The Chartered ABS aims to achieve a broad representation in the awards it makes under the Fellowship scheme. We therefore encourage the nomination of suitable individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Nominations will be considered according to the following criteria:
- Academic or professional standing of the individual;
- For Academic and Professional Fellows, evidence of contribution to the to the Chartered ABS, its mission and/or its membership, taking into account significance, period of time, achievements, reputation enhancement etc.;
- For Industry Fellows, evidence of exceptional service and achievement in the world of business and organisational practice across the private, public and charitable sectors, and/or evidence of exceptional service to the Chartered ABS, its mission and/or its membership;
- Likelihood of future engagement with the Chartered ABS to contribute ambassadorial and advocacy activities to the benefit of the Chartered ABS’ mission, taking into account reach and significance.
More information on the mission of the Chartered ABS can be found here.
Nominations should be made by completing the nomination form below and emailing it, along with the additional documentation, to Danny Walsh, Committees Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
The form requests the following information:
- A statement outlining how the nominee meets the criteria for a Fellow of the Chartered ABS.
- A brief biography or a link to it from a public source.
Nominations should also supply the following documentation:
- Brief letters of support from at least one additional member of a Chartered ABS member school, including contact details so we are able to follow up with any questions.
All nominations will be evaluated by the Chartered ABS Membership and Fellowship Committee, a sub-committee of the Council. This committee will take their recommendations to a full meeting of the Council for approval. The Council’s decision is final.
Submissions must be received by Tuesday 31 August 2021, with the intention that an announcement of recipients will be made at the Annual Conference in November.
If you have any questions about this process, please get in touch with email@example.com