Whether your focus is on teaching, research, business engagement, executive education, or the leadership of business schools, the Charted ABS provides opportunities that will help you develop strategy, gain confidence, build strong networks with colleagues from different institutions, and share excellent practices to enhance your personal effectiveness and the reputation of your business school.
Our Development Programmes are co-designed with expert colleagues and participants. We aim to build capacity in the business school community to encourage knowledge sharing and insights and to support you professionally and personally in your busy schedule. UK business schools are working in a more competitive global environment with major disruptions in business models, funding, technology, and demands for life-long learning and innovation for growth.
We will optimise your time to reflect on your business school’s strategy through stimulating dialogue with peers and collaborate with expert facilitators about your experiences. We draw on our latest reports, data analysis, so that you return to work confident and re-energised with practical action plans, useful tools and invaluable contacts.
In 2021, our Development Programmes will take place in a fully online format. Book now on the programme for you:
Leaders in Learning and Teaching (LLT) Programme - Starts March 2021
- Develop skills for the role of Director of Learning & Teaching
- Build your leadership capacity
- Develop strategies to manage institutional teaching priorities around the TEF, NSS and accreditations
- Gain insight into the external environment and its impact on learning & teaching
- Develop your profile in teaching practice or pedagogic research
Development Programme for Directors of Research (DPDoR) - in partnership with BAM - Starts March 2021
- Develop the strategic and leadership skills required for the role of Director of Research
- Receive mentoring with a BAM Fellow
- Access great opportunities for collaboration and discussion
- Gain confidence in dealing with the REF process from strategy, through implementation to the presentation of results
Deans and Directors’ Development Programme (3DP) - Starts March 2021
- Reflect on the practical challenges of being a dean
- Gain exposure to the thinking of senior university managers, executive search firms and other key stakeholders
- Ask unaskable questions and discuss difficult dilemmas in a safe and supportive environment.