Terms and Conditions – Chartered ABS Online Development Programmes
These terms and conditions are applicable to all Chartered ABS (including Small Business Charter) online events. The Chartered ABS reserves the right to alter, amend or add to any of these conditions. Should any question arise, whether provided for in these conditions or not, the decision of the Chartered ABS shall be final.
Section 1: General information
- Registrations for Chartered ABS events are made via the Chartered ABS / Small Business Charter website. Once you have checked the box to accept these terms and conditions we will consider a booking to have been made and these terms will be enforceable.
- The Chartered ABS reserves the right to adjust the timings, speaker-line up, delivery platform and format of an event.
- Payment for Chartered ABS events are due in £ sterling and can be made by credit card or invoice. Payment is due within 30 days of the date of invoice or 14 days before the event, whichever is earlier.
- If you do not attend an event you will still be liable for the full fee. Please see section on cancellations and transfers below.
- If you have any questions about payment please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I want to cancel or amend my booking?
- If you cancel your place more than 5 working days before the start of the first module you will receive a full refund less a deduction of £120 as a handling and administration fee.
- Cancellations received 5 working days or less before the date of the first module are subject to the full event fee
- Instead of cancelling you can transfer your place to a colleague. This is dependent on them meeting the programme’s eligibility criteria.
- Transfers can only be made up to 5 days before the start of the first module, not during the programme.
- Transfers received 5 working days or less before the start of the first module will be considered cancellations.
- It is your responsibility to attend all the modules in the Development Programme and participate fully in the learning experience. The Chartered ABS does not offer any reimbursement of fees paid for non-attendance
What if the event is postponed or cancelled?
- If, for reasons beyond our control, we need to alter the date of the event we will offer you the choice of a free transfer to the new date or a refund
- If, due to floods, lightning, storm, fire, explosion, war, military operations, acts of terrorism or threats of any such acts, any strike action, lock-outs or other industrial action and a pandemic, epidemic or other widespread illness, the event is cancelled we will refund the cost of your ticket.
Section 2: Protecting your data
The Chartered Association of Business Schools is committed to safeguarding and respecting your privacy.
Our mission is “the advancement of education for the public benefit”, specifically in relation to business and management education. We only collect personal information for the purposes of our mission and objectives. If we process your personal data, including storing your data or contacting you, we do so because we believe your profession or interests relate to our mission and is therefore of benefit to you as well as the wider public.
Our legal basis for processing your personal data is ‘legitimate interest’ and is processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) and UK data protection law.
What personal data do we collect from you and why?
- When you register for a Chartered ABS event we request the following pieces of information, so we can keep you informed about the event to which you’ve registered:
- Job title
- Postal address (usually work)
- Phone number
It is your responsibility to provide up-to-date contact and other information at registration and to maintain that data by advising the Chartered ABS of any changes.
What do we use your personal data for?
- We use your personal data to enable us to keep in touch with you about the event to which you’ve registered and to fulfil your requirements when attending the event.
- When we use or work with third party service providers, event partners, subcontractors and other associated organisations we disclose only the personal data that is necessary to deliver the service. We will have a contract in place that requires them to comply with GDPR when processing your personal data. Examples of third parties include:
- Development programme facilitator
- Seminar chairperson
- A venue
In those instances where an event is supported by one or more sponsors we will ask for your explicit consent before sharing your personal data (specifically name, job title, institution) with the sponsor(s).
Will we use your personal data for reasons unconnected with the event for which you have registered?
How can you change your preferences, opt-out or update the data we hold on you?
- If you would like to change your preferences about the information we send you or opt-out altogether from receiving communications about the work we do to support business schools, you can. If your details have changed you can ask us to update the records we hold. To do so please contact us by:
- emailing email@example.com
- Calling us on +44 020 7236 7678
- Clicking ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘opt out’ on the marketing emails we send you.
Section 3: Equal opportunities
Equality and Diversity Policy
- We are committed to creating a culture in which diversity and equality of opportunity are promoted and in which unlawful discrimination are not tolerated.
- We aim to ensure that individuals are treated solely on the basis of their abilities and skills and nobody is discriminated against on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
- We promote supportive environment for staff, members and visitors.
- As a participant at a Chartered ABS event you must abide by these principles.
- Our events are designed to ensure they are delivered in a way that will not subject participants to discrimination. There is every effort made to ensure there is no inadvertent discrimination or stereotyping.
- We endeavour to ensure that everyone has fair and equal access to all events.
Breach of Equality and Diversity Policy
- The Chartered ABS will take seriously any instances of alleged non-adherence to the Equality and Diversity policy by staff, members, subscribers or visitors. Any alleged breaches of this policy should be reported to the Chief Executive.
- Any instances of alleged non-adherence will be investigated and where appropriate will be considered under the relevant disciplinary policy for staff.
- With regard to any breach of the policy by visitors, participants, members or subscribers the Chartered ABS will take appropriate action in relation to the nature of the incident.
Section 4: Contact us
If you have any questions about these terms & conditions or our work or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 207 236 7678.