What's in these terms?
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
- Who we are and how to contact us.
- By using our sites you accept these terms.
- There are other terms that may apply to you.
- We may make changes to these terms.
- We may make changes to our sites.
- We may suspend or withdraw our sites.
- You must keep your account details safe.
- How you may use material on our sites.
- No text or data mining, or web scraping.
- Do not rely on information on our sites.
- User-generated content is not approved by us.
- How to complain about content uploaded by other users.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you.
- How we may use your personal information
- Uploading content to our sites
- Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
- Our acceptable use standards
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them.
- Rules about linking to our sites.
- Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
- Equality and diversity policy
- Our trade marks
https://charteredabs.org and https://smallbusinesscharter.org are sites operated by the Chartered Association of Business Schools (we). We are registered in England and Wales as a limited company under company number RC000880 and as a registered charity with charity number 1162854. Our registered office is: 3rd Floor, 40 Queen Street, London, EC4R 1DD.
These terms apply when you use our sites. Please ensure that you read them carefully.
To contact us, please email email@example.com or telephone us at (+44) 020 7236 7678.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our sites.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
- Our Privacy Notice. See further under How we may use your personal information.
- Our Cookie Policies, which set out information about the cookies on each of our sites and can be accessed here for charteredabs.org and here for smallbusinesscharter.org.
Further terms and conditions apply to our members (See Membership) and when you apply for a place on any of our programmes or if you wish to attend any of our events (See Events Terms and Conditions and CMBE Terms and Conditions)
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our sites, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
These terms were most recently updated in July 2022.
We may update and change our sites from time to time to reflect changes to our services, our users' needs and our business priorities and we will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
Our sites are made available free of charge except where you have signed up for one of our paid for development programmes or other events, or subscribed to our CMBE scheme.
We do not guarantee that our sites, or any content on them, or linked via them, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our sites for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our sites, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our sites for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our sites.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our sites must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our sites for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
You shall not conduct, facilitate, authorise or permit any text or data mining or web scraping in relation to our sites or any services provided via, or in relation to, our sites. This includes using (or permitting, authorising or attempting the use of):
- Any "robot", "bot", "spider", "scraper" or other automated device, program, tool, algorithm, code, process or methodology to access, obtain, copy, monitor or republish any portion of the sites or any data, content, information or services accessed via the same.
- Any automated analytical technique aimed at analysing text and data in digital form to generate information which includes but is not limited to patterns, trends and correlations.
The provisions in this clause should be treated as an express reservation of our rights in this regard, including for the purposes of Article 4(3) of Digital Copyright Directive ((EU) 2019/790).
This clause shall not apply insofar as (but only to the extent that) we are unable to exclude or limit text or data mining or web scraping activity by contract under the laws which are applicable to us.
The content on our sites is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our sites.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our sites, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our sites is accurate, complete or up to date.
Our websites may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the sites. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our sites do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that we only provide our sites for business users. If you are a consumer, you should not use our sites.
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our sites or any content on them.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our sites; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our sites.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors. and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our sites, or to make contact with other users of our sites, you must comply with the content standards set out in Our acceptable use standards.
- You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
- Any content you upload to our sites will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our sites a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in Rights you are giving us to use material you upload.
- We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our sites constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- We have the right to remove any posting you make on our sites if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in Our acceptable use standards.
- You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
When you upload or post content to our sites, you grant us the following rights to use that content:
a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that user-generated content in connection with the products and services provided via the website and across different media including to promote the sites or the service.
You must not use our sites:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- In any way that conflicts with our equality and diversity policy.
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards described in Uploading content to our sites.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any similar form of solicitation (including spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, ransomware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the sites (except as permitted above in How you may use material on our sites.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the sites;
- any equipment or network on which the sites are stored;
- any software used in the provision of the sites; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We do not guarantee that our sites will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our sites. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our sites, the server on which our sites are stored or any server, computer or database connected to our sites. You must not attack our sites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our sites will cease immediately.
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our sites in any website that is not owned by you.
Our sites must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our sites other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our sites other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to creating a culture in which diversity and equality of opportunity are promoted and in which unlawful discrimination are not tolerated.
We aim to ensure that individuals are treated solely on the basis of their abilities and skills and nobody is discriminated against on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
We promote a supportive environment for staff, members and visitors.
When using our sites you must abide by these principles.
We ensure our work is delivered in a way that will not subject participants or visitors to discrimination. There is every effort made to ensure there is no inadvertent discrimination or stereotyping.
We will take seriously any instances of alleged non-adherence to our equality and diversity policy by staff, participants, members, subscribers or users of our websites. Any alleged breaches of this policy should be reported to the Chief Executive (Anne.Kiem@charteredabs.org).
With regard to any breach of our equality and diversity policy by visitors, participants, members, subscribers or users of our websites, we will take appropriate action in relation to the nature of the incident.
"Chartered Association of Business Schools”, “Small Business Charter” and all the Chartered Association of Business School logos used on our sites are trade marks of the Chartered ABS. You are not permitted to use them without our approval, unless they are part of material you are using as permitted under How you may use material on our sites. For information on how members and subscribers may use our logos and branding please email email@example.com.