Chartered ABS Events Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are applicable to all Chartered ABS (including Small Business Charter) events including conferences, Development Programmes, seminars, receptions and workshops, including online events (“Event(s)”). In these terms and conditions, “online events” excludes any Development Programme course or module delivered online. We recommend that you print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
Section 1: Registration
- Registrations for Chartered ABS Events are made via the Chartered ABS / Small Business Charter websites.
- Once you have checked the box to accept these terms and conditions we will consider a booking to have been made and these terms will apply.
Section 2: Payment
- Payment for Chartered ABS Events are due in £ sterling and can be made by credit card or following your invoice. Payment is due within 30 days of the date of invoice or 14 days before the event, whichever is earlier.
- If you do not attend an Event you will still be liable for the full fee, subject to our cancellations and transfer terms below.
- If you have any questions about payment please contact email@example.com.
Section 3: Cancellation
What if I want to cancel or amend my booking?
- All requests to cancel or amend a booking must be made in writing.
- If you cancel your place at a Chartered ABS Event (excluding online events and Development Programme events) more than 21 days before the Event you will receive a full refund less a deduction of £99 as a handling and administration fee.
- If you cancel your place at one of the four Development Programmes (Leaders in Learning and Teaching; Deans & Directors Development Programme; Development Programme for Directors of Research; Executive Education Leadership Programme) more than 21 days before the start of the first module you will receive a credit note for the value of the fee less a deduction of £99 as a handling and administration fee. We do not offer refunds for our Development Programmes. The credit note, which is valid for 24 months from date of issue, should be passed directly to your finance team for processing. Depending on how your institution processes credit notes, it will either be held on the system to offset against a future event booked by either you or a colleague, or applied to an existing outstanding balance on the account. This is something you would need to discuss with your finance team when you pass them the credit note. We are unable to apply credit notes for you.
- Cancellations received 21 days or less before any Chartered ABS Event (including Development Programmes) are subject to the full event fee.
- If you cancel your place at an online event more than 48 hours before the Event starts you will receive a full refund. Unfortunately, if you cancel your place at an online event less than 48 hours before the Event starts you will not be entitled to a refund.
- If you register for an Event which is free of charge and then find you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Participant transfers:
- If you cannot attend an Event you can transfer your place to a colleague from your institution. Substitutions on the day of the Event are made at the Chartered ABS’ discretion.
- You are not able to transfer your place to another Event without the express agreement of the Chartered ABS.
- It is your responsibility to attend the Event for which you are registered. The Chartered ABS does not offer a credit note for non-attendance.
What if the Event is postponed or cancelled?
- If, for reasons beyond our control, we need to alter the date and/or format of the event we will offer you the choice of a free transfer to the new date or a full or partial refund
- If, due to circumstances beyond our control, including without limitation floods, lightning, storm, fire, explosion, war, military operations, acts of terrorism or threats of any such acts, any strike action, lock-outs or other industrial action, pandemic, epidemic or other widespread illness, the Event is cancelled, we will refund the cost of your registration fee, provided that, the Chartered ABS will retain up to 50% of the registration fee to help offset unavoidable event costs (except in the case of online events).
- Should an Event be cancelled or postponed we will not be liable for any costs (eg travel or accommodation) that you have already incurred.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by the delivery or failure to deliver an Event. Our responsibility is limited to refunds of fees (if applicable) as set out in these terms and conditions. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits any liability which cannot legally be limited.
- The Chartered ABS reserves the right to adjust the timings, speaker-line up, delivery platform and format of an Event.
Section 4: Other Events terms
- All intellectual property rights (including copyright) in any learning materials or other content made available in connection with an Event, whether online or in hard copy, belongs to Chartered ABS or to a Chartered ABS partner delivering the Event, as applicable. You agree that you will not copy these materials except for your private study.
- Unless otherwise stated you are responsible for paying your own travel, accommodation and subsistence costs when attending a Chartered ABS event.
- Any online course and portal usernames and passwords are for your personal use only and should not be passed to anyone else. You should protect your log-in information at all times.
Section 5: Protecting your data
What personal data do we collect from you and why?
- When you register for an Event we request the following pieces of information, so we can keep you informed about the Event to which you’ve registered.
- Job title
- Postal address (usually work)
- Phone number
- We will also ask you for any ‘Accessibility Requirements’ and whether you have any allergies, intolerances or dietary restrictions. This information allows us to fulfil your requirements when attending an Event. These types of data are considered to be special category data under UK GDPR and therefore more sensitive than other types of personal data. When registering for an Event we will ask you to give us explicit consent so that we can process this special category data for the specific purposes of:
a. Arranging suitable catering for you
b. Ensuring that you have equal access to all aspects/areas of the Event
- We routinely take photographs at our events of speakers and participants. At events where photography/filming takes place, we display notices to inform participants which detail how they can notify us if they wish to be removed from photos/videos prior to their release.
- Images (photos/videos) captured at our events are typically used on our website and social media channels, and may also be used in our reports and marketing collateral.
- Images which aren’t published in the public domain are kept on a secure part of our internal network and are kept for no more than six years.
What do we use your personal data for?
- We use your personal data to enable us to keep in touch with you about the Event to which you’ve registered and to fulfil your requirements when attending the Event.
- When we use or work with third party service providers, event partners, subcontractors and other associated organisations we disclose only the personal data that is necessary to deliver the service. We will have a contract in place that requires them to comply with UK GDPR when processing your personal data. Examples of third parties include:
- Development programme facilitator
- Seminar chairperson
- A venue
- In those instances where an Event is supported by one or more sponsors we will ask for your explicit consent before sharing your personal data (specifically name, job title, institution) with the sponsor(s).
How can you change your preferences, opt-out or update the data we hold on you?
- If you would like to change your preferences about the information we send you or opt-out altogether from receiving communications about the work we do to support business schools, you can. If your details have changed you can ask us to update the records we hold. To do so please contact us by:
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling us on +44 020 7236 7678
- Clicking ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘opt out’ on the marketing emails we send you.
- It is your responsibility to provide up-to-date contact and other information at registration and to maintain that data by advising the Chartered ABS of any changes.
Section 6: Equal opportunities
Equality and Diversity Policy
- We are committed to creating a culture in which diversity and equality of opportunity are promoted and in which unlawful discrimination are not tolerated.
- We aim to ensure that individuals are treated solely on the basis of their abilities and skills and nobody is discriminated against on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
- We promote supportive environment for staff, members and visitors.
- As a participant at a Chartered ABS Event you must abide by these principles.
- Our Events are designed to ensure they are delivered in a way that will not subject participants to discrimination. There is every effort made to ensure there is no inadvertent discrimination or stereotyping.
- We endeavour to ensure that everyone has fair and equal access to all Events.
Breach of Equality and Diversity Policy
- The Chartered ABS will take seriously any instances of alleged non-adherence to the Equality and Diversity policy by members, subscribers or visitors. Any alleged breaches of this policy should be reported to the Chief Executive (Anne.Kiem@charteredabs.org).
- With regard to any breach of the policy by visitors, participants, members or subscribers the Chartered ABS will take appropriate action in relation to the nature of the incident.
Section 7: General
- We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time at our discretion. Please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at the time that you register for an Event.
- These terms and conditions, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
- If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or our work or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or call +44 (0) 207 236 7678.